These biscuits are a firm family favourite, good for the school ‘morning tea’ box or a snack at the beach. They are quick and easy to make and always popular when shared with friends!
- Beat 125g of butter with 80g of brown sugar until creamy and add 1tsp of vanilla essence
- Mix in 50g of self-raising and 50g of plain flour (wholemeal).
- Add 2 tbsp of milk and, when mixed, a further 65g of self-raising flour and 50g of plain flour
- Mix into a dough.
- Make balls of the dough (about 24) and place on a non-stick baking tray.
- Press the back of a fork onto the balls to squash them into biscuit shapes.
- Cook at 160C for about 20 mins (longer makes them crispier).
Cool on a rack and enjoy with a cup of tea.