- Wrap half a medium sized pumpkin, with the seeds removed, and about 6 cloves of garlic (all skin on) in foil to make a parcel.
- Put in a hot oven for an hour, remove and allow to cool. Open the parcel and remove the pumpkin skin.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and add one or two chopped onions, cook gently until transparent. Squeeze the garlic out of their skins into the onions and add the pumpkin along with some chopped rosemary.
- Add 750ml of vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Blitz and pass through a fine sieve.? Check seasoning.
- Serve hot with a dash of balsamic vinegar, a swirl of soured cream and a sprinkling of lemon zest.
Delicious with crusty home made bread.